- H*(m,n+1)=HH*(m,n)(m)=H(H(H(...H(m)...))), with H*(m,n) Hs.
- H*(a,...,b,c,d)=H*(a,...,b,H*(a,...,b,c,d-1)) (Although the original definition does not clarify it, the rule is probably supposed to be applied only when d > 1).
In other words:
- If there is precisely one variable, the function value is the variable-th -illon.
- if there are precisely two variables:
- if the second variable is 0,the function value is the first variable.
- Decrease the second variable in 1, and call the new function value Z.
- The function value is recursion of the first variable through the H* function Z times.
- if the last entry is 1, remove it.
- Decrease the last variable in 1, and call the new function value Z.
- Replace the last two variable with Z.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.