- 7 is an odd prime number. It is a Mersenne prime, since it is equal to 23-1.
- It is associated with good luck in Western culture.
- It is the third number in Sylvester's sequence.
- All Fermat numbers larger than 5 end in 7.
- In Greek-based number naming systems, 7 is associated with prefix hepta-, and with prefix septi- in Latin systems.
- Using the gag prefix, seven can be called gagtwo, since A(2,2) = 7.
- 7 is the last digit of Graham's number, and in fact it is the last digit of any power tower of 3's where the height of the tower is at least 2.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.