- An even composite number and the 4th Superior Highly Composite number (SHCN).
- The smallest number with 12 divisors.
- The number of seconds in a minute, and the number of minutes in an hour.
- Five Dozen
- In Czech language, 60 is called "kopa", meaning "three-score".
- The smallest non-abelian simple group has order 60.
- The sum of its unitary proper divisors. 1 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 12 + 15 + 20 = 60, which makes it a unitary perfect number.
- In Greek-based number-naming systems, 60 is associated with prefix "hexaconta-", and with prefix "sexaginti-" in Latin systems.
- Aarex Tiaokhiao coined the name sexagesimal-uoonol for this number.
- Nirvana Supermind coined the name zero-senol for this number, and is equal to Q<10,6> using quick array notation. 
- A person between sixty and seventy years of age is called a sexagenarian.
- Ludwig van Beethoven would allegedly count out 60 coffee beans each morning before making his coffee.