- In Greek-based number-naming systems, 49 is associated with prefix "enneatetraconta-", and with prefix "novemquadraginti-" in Latin systems.
- 49 is a square number, and it can be named "garseven" with the gar- prefix.
As it is one less than 50, it is often used as a price, or as a part of a price. Since it is also the square of the lucky number 7, it is also a natural choice for the number of balls in a lottery drum.
- It is an abbreviation for the year, in which the current German state has been established.
- It is also the country calling code for Germany.
- OEIS, Sequence A000290. Accessed 2021-05-19.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.