- 48 is an even composite number.
- 48 is a solitary number.
- 48 is equal to 6!!, the double factorial of 6.
- Ignoring weekdays, the Julian calendar repeats every 48 months.
- It is also the number of possible knight moves in 4×4 minichess.
- In Greek-based number-naming systems, 48 is associated with prefix "octotetraconta-", and with prefix "octoquadraginti-" in Latin systems.
- It is also the basis of PlantStarAlpineer0's notation. Because of this, PlantStar has coined the name Lineus for this number.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.