- 26 is an even composite number.
- 26 is the only positive integer exactly between a perfect square and a perfect cube (25 and 27).
In Greek-based number-naming systems, 26 is associated with prefix "hexaicosa-", and with prefix "sexviginti-" in Latin systems.
In popular culture
- It is the number of letters in the English alphabet.
- Rubik's Cube consists of 26 small cubes that rotate on a central axis.
- The word "Master" is pronounced 26 times in Metallica's 1985 song "Master of Puppets".
- In the Sticky Balls game theme song, the word "balls" appears 26 times.
- Britannica, Rubik's Cube