- 16 is an even composite number.
- It is the fourth square number and also equal to 2 to the 4th power, and since it is a power of two it is commonly associated with computing.
- It is the only integer that can be expressed as both xy and yx where x and y are distinct integers.
- It is the 3rd superperfect number.
- 2 to the 16th power is 65536, which is one less than the largest known Fermat prime.
- In Greek-based naming systems, 16 is associated with prefix "hexadeka-", and with prefix "sexdeci-" in Latin systems.
- 16 is expressible as 2↑↑3 in up-arrow notation, or as 24 and 42. It occurs naturally when working with powers of 2.
- It can be named "garfour" with the gar- prefix.
- In strong array notation, it is equal to s(2,3,2)
- Username5243 coined the names Binary-Gooquol and Hexadecimal-Goonol for this number, and it's equal to 24 = 161 in Username5243's Array Notation.
- Aarex Tiaokhiao coined the name hexadecimal-uoonol for this number.
- 16 can be called "googoij" using the googo- naming system.
Googological functions returning 16
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.