120 (one hundred twenty) is a positive integer following 119 and preceding 121. A rare name for it is twelfty. Since "hundred" used to refer to either 100 or 120, the names long hundred and great hundred for 120 were also coined to disambiguate them.
- the eighth tetrahedral number
- the 15th triangular number
- 5! = 5x4x3x2x1
- the 5th Superior Highly Composite Number
- the smallest number with 16 divisors
- Ten dozen
- Six score
- 120 is the first number whose sum of its proper divisors equals twice the number itself.
- It is also equal to 10!!!!.
- The number of faces of a disdyakis triacontahedron, which is the isohedral 3-dimensional shape with the most faces, excluding dipyramids and trapezohedra. Fair 120-sided dice in this shape has been mass-produced.
It is also the number of possible bishop moves in 5×5 minichess.
120 has appeared several times in Super Mario games, for instance:
- There are a total of 120 stars in Super Mario 64.
- There are a total of 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine.
- In Super Mario Galaxy, there are 120 stars before Grand Finale Galaxy, which is unlocked after obtaining the other 120 stars.
- In Super Mario Galaxy 2, there are 120 normal stars at first, then you must collect 120 green stars.